The SSSP Early Career Forum (ECF) exists to disseminate information to early career scholars concerning matters relating to their success as academicians and scientists, and to cultivate an online community of early career scholars to provide support, exchange ideas, develop and nurture collaborations. We define early career scholars as individuals who aim to embark on a research career or have begun a research career in a research center, university, or state or local agency. This includes graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, and pre-tenure faculty in school psychology. The ECF is designed to achieve this mission by:
- maintaining a blog addressing topics of relevant to early career scholars in school psychology to allow for discussion among early career, mid-career, and senior scholars;
- providing a forum for scholars to network, exchange ideas, and develop research collaborations.
- engaging in live professional development and networking events during annual professional meetings;
- inviting guest bloggers and speakers to enrich the diversity of perspectives represented in ECF activities;
- collaborating with SPRCC to identify professional development and networking activities to foster ongoing engagement of early career scholars; and
- gathering data on the needs of early career scholars in school psychology to inform content for the blog and other professional development activities.
You can learn more about how the ECF began here.
The SSSP ECF is led by a committee of early and mid-career scholars in school psychology. If you have questions, comments, or ideas for ECF programming or blog topics, please email the committee chair or co-chair.
Current Committee Members:
- Chair: Amanda L. Sullivan, University of Minnesota, email@example.com
- Co-chair: Dan Gadke, Mississippi State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Convention Lead: Bryn Harris, University of Colorado – Denver, email@example.com
- At-large members: Lindsay Fallon, University of Massachusetts – Boston; Katie Maki, University of Florida; Ethan Van Norman, Lehigh University;
Past committee members include Robert Volpe, Northeastern University; Leandra Parris, Illinois State University; Tamika La Salle, University of Connecticut; Laura Pendergast, Temple University; . Thank you for your service!