July 22, 2013
Mission: The Early Career Forum (ECF) exists to disseminate information to early career scholars concerning matters relating to their success as academicians and scientists, and to provide an on-line community of early career scholars to provide support, exchange ideas, develop and nurture collaborations. We define early career scholars as individuals who aim to embark on a research career or have begun a research career in a research center, university, or state or local agency. This includes graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, and pre-tenure faculty in school psychology.
The ECF is designed to achieve this mission by:
- maintaining a blog addressing topics of relevant to early career scholars in school psychology to allow for discussion among early career, mid-career, and senior scholars;
- providing a forum for scholars to network, exchange ideas, and develop research collaborations.
- engaging in live professional development and networking events during annual professional meetings;
- inviting guest bloggers and speakers to enrich the diversity of perspectives represented in ECF activities;
- collaborating with SPRCC to identify professional development and networking activities to foster ongoing engagement of early career scholars; and
- gathering data on the needs of early career scholars in school psychology to inform content for the blog and other professional development activities.